Tuesday, November 29, 2016

For My Flamingo Loving Sister


My sister  πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• flamingos.  She even takes a couple  of those plastic ones with her on vacations to stick out at her campsite.  On her birthday last year she received a pink bicycle that her friends had rigged up with a flamingo head at the handle bars and flamingo body on each side of the curve down from the handle bars. (I'm not describing it very well but it's hilarious especially with her on it with a flamingo hat on her head. )   So, I made her a couple of flamingo pillowcases for Christmas.   I'm not so sure my brother-in-law will enjoy laying his head on a flock of flamingos but he usually goes along with my sister's whims without complaint. 

for



I also embroidered a couple of flamingos on a flour sack dishtowel and crocheted a scrubbie and dishcloth to go with it. 

Now I can cross flamingo-lovin' Deb off my Christmas to-do list. 

8 comments:

Ellen said...

Cute - your sister must be a lot of fun!

Nicole said...

You're not done yet! Check out the first item on the Sew Mama Sew xmas tutorial roundup today.

http://www.sewmamasew.com/2016/11/handmade-holidays-nov-29-totally-tropical-gifts/

And I hope your sister appreciates she has a good sister.

gayle said...

Those flamingo pillowcases are adorable!

Janie said...

You're a great sister, nice work!

Vic in NH said...

Perfect pillowcases and the embroidery looks so neatly done! Nice bevy of gifts!

Sharon said...

Love the flamingos! What a great idea for your sister.

p.s. I hope she doesn't read your blog!

Monica said...

LOL, she should LOVE that. I hope she doesn't read your blog! I really like the stitchery, too.

These matched sets of yours are a great idea. Did your baskets do well at the auction earlier this year?

marciinidaho said...

I love flamingos also. Have a pair of socks with flamingos on them!

Marci in Idaho