Monday, August 1, 2016

Kaleidoscopes, Butterflies and Kaleidoscopes of Butterflies


This month I've finished the 64 ten inch kaleidoscope blocks I want for my 80 x 80 quilt.  I can start sewing blocks together now. 

I finished 9 blocks with a dark + configuration and...



...12 blocks with a light + configuration.  All blocks have navy floral corners. 


I'm going to alternate dark and light + configured blocks when I start sewing the blocks together. 

I've seen a lot of butterflies out in the garden while weeding or harvesting but never had a camera with me, darn it. 

Did you know that a group of butterflies is called a kaleidoscope?  Are you working on kaleidoscope blocks or butterfly blocks?  Taken any pics lately of butterflies?  If so, please join us each month to celebrate butterflies, kaleidoscopes and kaleidoscopes of butterflies. 



4 comments:

Pam said...

Love your use of colors and fabrics! Very lively and charming.

Janie said...

Very lovely blocks. I'll wait till tomorrow to post my butterfly blocks.

gayle said...

Oh, your kaleidoscope blocks make me so happy!
I need to get a photo of mine - had company today, but tomorrow looks good!

Kaja said...

I still marvel at your collection of butterfly fabrics. We are short of butterflies this year - too much rain for them.