Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Turning Over a New Leaf




 I told myself that this year I had to finish 5 quilts before I could even think of starting anything new. (If you've looked at my UFO tab you would know the reason why). 

Well, I've finished my obligatory 5 quilts. 
I've looked over my "wanna start" list.
I've enjoyed reading about Audrey's Tree of Life adventures. 
She even graciously shared a tutorial for HER Tree of Life.
I've been inspired.
I have a lot of fall fabrics.
I have a lot of fall fabrics with leaves. 
I have some blues I can use for the sky background. 
I started a Tree of Life quilt. 

I guess with my "finish 5, start 1" resolution you could say I've turned over a new leaf. 
And, you know...with that resolution I also feel like I have a new leaf on life.  



5 comments:

audrey said...

Wow! Love how striking your tree blocks are! Wonderful to see these.:)

Julierose said...

this will be a lovely quilt--that is one lovely block hugs, Julierose

Sally Trude said...

Totally awesome.

Marei said...

So I popped on up to your UFO tab and starting laughing like a crazy woman because it felt good to know I AM NOT ALONE!! Wishing you continued success on working through those UFOs.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh that is a lot of half square triangles. This quilt has been on my bucket list for years. I just need to sew faster if I am going to get one done.