Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Question: How Many Little Monkeys Will be Laying on the Bed?


Answer: 288 when I finish this quilt. 

I made Little (5 inch finished) Monkey Wrench blocks from scraps each month this year from my 2.5 inch scraps and 1.5 inch scraps as one of my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  For the 2.5 inch corner HSTs I used scraps in the color of the month plus neutral scraps. For the centers I used contrasting squares from my 1.5 inch postage stamp collection and 1.5 inch scrap bin.  I've started assembling them on point without sashing and have diagonal rows 1-6 assembled on each end.  No design wall here so it's grab and sew. 

Hopefully my Little Monkeys won't ever be jumping on the bed. 

Jump on over to Freemotion by the River to see what everyone else is up to this fine Linky Tuesday.  

11 comments:

Ellen said...

So cute and a great way to use up scraps!

sophie said...

What a FABULOUS scrappy quilt!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

My grandkids love that song! Love your quilt all that color even makes me want to jump on the bed, so fun!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

My grandkids love that song! Love your quilt all that color even makes me want to jump on the bed, so fun!

Ramona said...

What a fun quilt! One you could stare at for a long time... while resting after jumping on the bed. :)

ES said...

It's looking fab! Can't wait to see it when it's all finished. I'm always amazed that you can keep track of everything you make, as you make such a variety of things all at once :)

Kathy S. said...

Gorgeous scrappy goodness! You had me as scrap quilt! What a fun RSC block. I'm working on one too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wow - what fun!!!!!!! Here's to the power of sxraps!!!!!!!!!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute quilt and a perfect way to use up scraps!

Lara B. said...

Five inch scrappy monkey wrench blocks - wow! That is so impressive Cathy! Your title cracks me up too. Congrats on being featured at Freemotion by the River!

Laney said...

I came over from Freemotion by the River to take a better look at your featured quilt. I love scrappy and colorful. Nice work!