Saturday, September 27, 2014

Snowball/9 Patch UFO is Finished


60 x 72
Snowball and 9 Patch Quilt
A UFO Finish!!!!! 


All of the 9 patch blocks are made of snowflake fabrics - even the white.
All of the snowballs are made of snowman/woman fabrics. 
I quilted it on my plain Jane DSM with a swirly circle (well, most times a lopsided circle which I guess really wouldn't be a circle but a blob) in each block. 

Can you tell I don't have a design wall? Look at those three red snowballs all in the same column. (Well, I know the recipient won't even notice or think it a problem). 


For the backing I used a flannel sheet with snowflakes on it. 

I was supposed to finish this for my daughter last year for Christmas but she will get it this year instead. 

She actually wants a lap quilt to throw on her couch to represent each month of the year or a holiday.  (Yes, she likes to put those clingy decorations on the windows too).   I guess this will represent  January.   I have another Valentine UFO that will be for February.  And that may be as far as I ever get with her lap quilts.  Hey, I just noticed this quilt is red, white and blue.  Do you think that will satisfy her for July? 


 I was # 31 at the September goal setting party. 

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great finish!

Vic in NH said...

This quilt is so cool, literally, LOL! I love that backing, it is just perfect for the quilt! good job!

Julierose said...

Lovely finish--what a super present to display! Hugs, Julierose

Toni Macomb said...

Very Nice! And about the three red in a row. Truly, who would notice? I had a design wall and spent hours arranging and rearranging quilt blocks. Now, no design wall, and my theory is "no one I give a quilt to is going to hang it up to see if the quilt was made with places to "rest the eye" or other concerns (are there two of the same fabrics together?) They will be using it and know it was made with love. Now...if I were doing a quilt for a show, I'd be back to spending hours arranging and rearranging blocks. No thank you!

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

I love it! Congrats on a beautiful finish! :)

Karen said...

I love this quilt. It always feels good to finish a UFO.

Sally Trude said...

What great colors for a Christmas quilt. Very refreshing. I think it would make a great summer quilt too. If the three red blocks bother you, you can applique something in one. Maybe a flag for July 4?