Saturday, August 23, 2014

Forever Postage Stamps

Light and bright green is the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 

Since I didn't make any green postage stamp blocks when darker green was the color I used up a mix of greens in some 49 patch postage stamp blocks plus a postage stamp heart...

...plus a Postage Stamp Sue (pattern at Q is for Quilter) . 


In other postage stamp news- I tried out a new "Roman Stripes" postage stamp block...

...because I saw this unusual vintage quilt in a google search (found on ebay)  that I kind of like. 

I tried to alternate dark and light. I think maybe each month I will make at least two of the single 5 inch blocks in each color and then when I think I have enough sew them together into the 10 inch blocks like my sample. 


And, this is a mishmash of postage stamps I put together like another vintage quilt I saw.  But next time I think I will cut strips for those muslin centers rather than postage stamps. 

These postage stamps will never go up in price....they are priceless. 

Got Scraps?
Use them up and show us what you've done with them each ScrapHappy Saturday.

Now I'm off to can tomatoes. 




10 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

That is a LOT of small squares!!!!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Amazing! I LOVE that roman stripe postage stamp quilt - and your version of the blocks - fabulous!!

Dasha said...

Great scrappy postage stamps Cathy. Interesting vintage quilt you showed - I've never seen that before. Looks good in your version.

Mari said...

Wow. I admire your patience, working with those tiny blocks! They look great, and I love the stripe ones.

Chantal said...

Wonderful! Love your projects. I too am working on a postage stamps quilt. It sure takes a long time to sew all the little bits of pieces. I admire your patience. Great work.

Nell's Quilts said...

That Roman stripes postage stamp vintage quilt is wonderful. Have fun reproducing the pattern in today's fabrics.

Edith said...

A good collection of green scraps, nicely being used.

scraphappy said...

Love those Postage Stamp Roman Stripes. I've never seen them done that way, but I really like them. So many fun blocks, all from a simple square!

Mystic Quilter said...

You certainly have more patient than I have to piece all those lovely postage stamp blocks!

Kate said...

That's a lot of projects using very small squares! They all look great, really love the Sunbonnet Sue block. Very cute!