Saturday, February 8, 2014

Where is Pinkie? Where is Pinkie?


Pink is the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014. 
I've made some pink 3 inch spool blocks which brings the total block count to 321. Over a third of those blocks are blue. So this year I hope to add to some of the other colors before I start assembling them into a quilt top.

These really are the same block as the spool block but change the colors around and add one and you have butterflies. 

Late last year I started making these 3 inch butterflies. These are the first in the color pink. 
I think I'm going to use make them into blocks like a vintage quilt I saw at Nostalgic Cafe. 


I think I have enough scraps left for some string and crumb blocks for next week. 


Looking for ideas for your pink scraps? Visit ScrapHappy Saturday at  SoScrappy. 

9 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Those little butterflies are so sweet!

DeeDee said...

Thanks for explaining how you made your sweet butterfly blocks.

Deb A said...

What great little butterfly's! You have some darling quilts in process.

Karen said...

Both blocks are pretty. I have been wanting to make some spools. After seeing yours I know I want to them.

Kate said...

Your blocks are definitely pretty in pink. I really like the bright blue background you used for the butterflies.

Nell's Quilts said...

Great little change up for a whole new look.

Andee said...

Loving the pink!

soscrappy said...

The pink will make a nice addition to your blues.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fun butterflies!