Saturday, August 3, 2013

Seeing Red

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month is red.  I started with a bag of crumbs and ended up with four 12.5 inch red crumb blocks.  I'm not sure what I'll do with them.  One of the things I liked about Grandma's quilts when I was a little girl was that there were so many different fabrics to look at. I guess that's why I like scrappy quilts.  There's sure a lot to look at in crumb blocks. 


I was already in the middle of making some Tall Stars (6x9) since it is the block of the month at Block Lotto.  All of the red backgrounds came from my 2.5 inch strips scraps.  The stars were scraps too.



These would make a fun quilt for kids or for Quilts of Valor.


And finally, the red 2.5 inch strip scraps that didn't read solid red went into some "Little Monkeys"  The should play well in a quilt with the aqua ones I made last month.


See how everyone else out there in blog land is using up their red scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this Scrap Happy Saturday at the SoScrappy linky party. 

6 comments:

sophie said...

I'f you've seen my blog lately, then you already know that I'd suggest turning those large crumb squares into flying geese :-)

I can't wait to see the quilt you make from the little monkeys.

Dasha said...

Love your red crumb blocks! Such patience to put that together LOL. I refuse to keep anything smaller than a 2" square, and have big bags of them & the 2.5" squares as well. Everytime I try to do them damage, more appear.

Julie in GA said...

Wow, that's a lot of red scraps! Your crumb blocks look fabulous, and I love your stars and little monkeys too.

Sheila said...

Wow. Love your red scraps! Crumb blocks, star blocks. You go girl.

Sarah said...

Lovely reds! I think the scrappy quilts with so many different fabrics are wonderful too!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love how you make the most of your scraps each month! So pretty.