Saturday, August 17, 2013

QOV

The color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is red.  For this week's Scrap Happy Saturday I've made up 19 more Twinklers to add to the collection. I now have 30 blue and 29 red 6 inch Twinklers that will go toward a Quilt of Valor.   To see what others are doing with their red scraps this week visit the party going on at SoScrappy's blog. 

 
Here's an idea of how I am going to alternate the red and blue blocks.  And at top and bottom I will add some of the Tall Stars blocks we are making this month for Block Lotto.  


There is also a Big Blowout Block Drive for QOV going on at Alycia Quilts.   You get your choice of two blocks. I chose the blue/yellow block so I didn't have to use a foundation. I've been saving my foundation fabric for the Heartstrings challenge that is coming up soon - black and white string quilts with your choice of center color if you are making the entire quilt.
So far I've made 35 blocks- 7 chances at winning some fabulous prizes being offered! 35 is probably my limit but you never know...there's plenty of time to make more. Deadline is Oct 30. 

Now I think I'll be canning tomatoes and spaghetti sauce all day and may also get some green beans frozen.  And tonight the grandkids will probably beg to play some games. I don't think I'll get much sewing done. 

10 comments:

Katie Z. said...

I love your twinklers!

Good luck with the canning. I did that Wednesday too!

Julierose said...

Your red stars blocks are so lovely! great work! hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

What a great collection of patriotic fabrics for QOV blocks.

Deb A said...

Love your twinklers - especially that one with the cupcake in the center!

Angie said...

What fun - the blocks really do twinkle!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great QOV you are sewing!

Sheila said...

Love, love, love your twinkle QOV blocks. Your blue and yellow blocks, too.

Julie in GA said...

Your blue and red star blocks look great together. I need to pull out my yellow and blue strips to make some of those QOV blocks.

Karen said...

Very very pretty QOV blocks. The blue blocks are awesome too. What a great great gift. Send some spaghetti sauce to me. That sounds delicious. I have never canned sauce.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So many pretties... those bright reds are just spectacular! I should try some of those blue & yellow blocks for the drive too - thanks for the info.