Monday, July 29, 2013

Design Line Monday

44x56
Fall Lottery
This quilt will be donated to Wrap a Smile- quilts for kids undergoing cleft palate/cleft lip surgery.  It is made from 6 blocks won in an autumn color block lottery hosted by the Sunshine Online Quilt Guild and some other miscellaneous scraps, pinwheels and wonky stars. 

Isn't that Scottie Dog cute? They are looking for more "boyish" quilts so hopefully this could be appropriate for a girl or a boy. 


I quilted it with loops and stars on my plain Jane DSM. Looks like I should have gotten a little closer to the edge with my quilting  but that's the way it stays now. I'm also getting better at machine binding. I actually enjoy sewing down binding by hand but I do understand that machine binding is better for kids.


40x52 
 "Happy Cats"
This quilt will also go to Wrap a Smile and I think either a boy or girl would enjoy it. Who doesn't love a happy cat? 

Looks like I hung the quilt upside down so maybe the cats aren't that happy now. 
I think I have a bottomless box of happy blocks in different themes waiting to be made into quilts. 

Quilted on plain Jane DSM with spirals. Looks like I made it closer to the edges on this one with my quilting. And, again, binding is sewn down by machine. 

And now I'm linking to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times. But I guess since I don't have a design wall but do have a clothesline now you know why I titled my post today Design Line Monday. 

5 comments:

Kate said...

Very fun quilts!

Anonymous said...

I think the kids will love them!

Ellen said...

Wonderful and fun quilts! The children that receive these quilts are absolutely going to love them.

Vic in NH said...

Marvelous finishes and I love the sentiments that you put on each quilt!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Great quilts! I too have a big drawer stuffed with happy blocks and a bin full of center squares to make more. I like the 3rd border.