Sunday, February 17, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday

 I'm still hand quilting my Grandma's Sewing Room quilt. I hand quilted in the ditch around the spools and jars. Now I'm using perle #8 and a laced running stitch all over in kind of a free motion hand quilting  to look like a loose thread. I thought you would be better able to tell from the picture that I only have 2 and a half rows left.  I didn't have the patience to take more pictures outside today. It's cold and windy.
 Maybe I will be finished with the loose thread (aka laced running stitch, hand quilting) by next week if I work on it a little each night after work this week.  I want to get done with it because I have other stitching I want to do - crazy quilting.
This is the back of the quilt and you can kind of see where the running stitches are.  I like how this looks and feels.

To see what others are slow stitching this week visit Kathy's Quilts Slow Stitching Sunday. 

4 comments:

sophie said...

I love the "loose thread" stitching. Your quilt is really something special.

Quilter Kathy said...

It looks great, and you're so close to finishing! Thanks for linking up and sharing your progress!

audrey said...

Ooh! This is exciting! All of that hand-stitching must have taken forever, but the look of it is worth it, I'm sure.

Faye said...

this is fabulous. Great colours