Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Wonky Log Cabin UFO. Will It Be Finished in January?

I started this log cabin before Christmas from dark and light scraps.  It is #53 on my list of 73 UFOs. I needed more blocks so finished them up today and sewed them into a flimsy that I hope to have quilted by the end of the month.  It consists of 30- 9 inch blocks - 45x54. When finished it will go to Wrap-a-Smile or Wrap Them in Love. 

One of my challenges this year is to see how many donation quilts I can make from my boxes of scraps. Another challenge is to see how many of my 73 UFOs I can get finished. And after I do finish a UFO I give myself permission to start something new - but not before. 

Because it is a UFO I'm linking up to UFO Sunday at The Free Motion Quilting Project. I'm also declaring this as January's goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. 

6 comments:

Gerda said...

Wow, 73 UFO's that's a lot. Good luck with them. Ik really like your Log Cabin quilt

Sharron Keck said...

oh my gosh - 73 UFOs! I love the fabrics and 'wonkiness' of your quilt. So good of you to donate your quilts!

Anonymous said...

I love the log cabin pattern; and scrappy + wonky makes it even better.

Unknown said...

What a cheerful quilt! I'm sure it will be much appreciated!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love your quilt! I'm looking forward to a wonky log cabin someday... don't have one in my UFO Collection ;-D~!

ratama said...

I love your quilt! And thumbs up for your goals!