Sunday, September 30, 2012

More Cobwebs in my Sewing Room


Way back in July I started working on a cobweb quilt....

 ...to use up some of my bright novelty scraps - the shorter pieces left over after I made several string quilts using the longer strings for the Heartstrings Quilt Project.  challenge.
 While I was browsing the Free Motion Quilting Project for an appropriate design to quilt on my grandson's Halloween Quilt (see previous post) I also noticed she was running a UFO SUNDAY linky party to encourage folks to finish up their UFOs.   So, this is one of my dozens (hundreds?) of UFOs I wanted to get finished up because 1. I want to use up more scraps and 2. I'm sick of looking at that uncompleted thing hanging over the back of the chair in the sewing room (I don't really like brights).  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it when it is completed. I thought about using the Spiderman yardage I have on the back and give it to my 3 year old grandson for his new bunk bed since he loves Spiderman. But he visited this weekend and told me now his favorite character is the Incredible Hulk. (But maybe that is because that was who was on his underwear for the day. ) And I stray... Anyway, I finished up the rest of the 48 triangles necessary to complete the quilt that already consists of 48 triangles.  Four triangles make a block and the quilt will have 24 blocks in a  4x6 configuration.
Now, trimming and sewing them together will have to wait until next Sunday. My back hurts from sitting in the non-ergonomic chair for so long and this is my last day of vacation so I'm going to enjoy it with a glass of wine on the deck. We are having beautiful fall weather.

Again...to see what everyone else is finishing up visit  UFO SUNDAY  and why not work on finishing up one of your UFOs.

3 comments:

Louisa Jones said...

GREAT pattern, and I'm sure it would be a fantastic quilt for any boy or girl (that isn't too pink and girly...)

One more thing - Get a better chair!!! It's so important. I don't have a great one, but it's miles better than the one I used to have which made me wonder quite what I enjoyed about sitting in it for hours and hours on end...

Cyn said...

Ditto what Louisa said... be kind to your body and find another chair.
Love your Spidey quilt... so bright and fun. I'll bet your grands will love it!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love the mix of brights against the cobweb fabric in your beautiful quilt!