Sunday, July 22, 2012

Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails


This is a quilt for my 3 yo grandson - Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails. 
Someone posted a link to a video for a 10 minute quilt block  that I thought I would try with some 6.5 charms  I've swapped with members of various groups. 


I used some of the smaller prints for the centers. 
The blocks actually took me a little longer than 10 min. only because I sewed down the "cathedral windows" by hand since my eyes don't see well enough to do by machine and sometimes my hands don't guide the machine too well either. (Numb, stiff hands this a.m. are also why pics are a bit blurry looking- or maybe they are fine and my eyes aren't working right. Ah, old age!)



We've got some snakes...

...and some snails and some puppy dog tails. 

I'll probably use some black Kona for the borders and who knows what for the back.

Linking up to Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday. 

1 comment:

The Quilting Elf said...

I LOVE how you used the 10-minute block with novelties. I'm going to copy this for my next child-size charity quilt (no DGC here). Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathy T. in Tampa