Sunday, February 5, 2012

Crazy Quilts are Quilts Too

There's a quilt show going on over at Pigtales and Quilts. I'm not a competitor but I do enjoy crazy quilting. Back in 1992 someone gave me a several boxes of old blue jeans because they knew I did a lot of sewing (mostly clothes for the kids, curtains and whatnot). I made several twin bed sized quilts out of the bluejeans that are now in my camper and then I made a crazy quilt with some of them. It's a tied quilt, only the seams are embellished, it's backed with flannel and it's been used over and over again on camping trips and still hasn't worn out. 
 
 A few years ago I started making sane quilts again as a stress reliever. I've been an I.T. Officer for a group of medical labs for over 25 years and use my left (analytical) brain all day at work so like to use my right (artsy-fartsy) brain when I get home. I don't want any lop-sided thinking here!

I joined a few Yahoo groups for sane quilters and was looking for more excitement when I came across some crazy quilting Yahoo groups too so took the plunge and joined in the fun. I like to join in on RRs because I know I will try some new things on other people's blocks I would be too lazy to try on my own.

In the process I've found I like to do colorful and encrusted embellishing and especially love flowers since I get inspired by my own flower garden. Otherwise I'm a pretty drab kind of person.

What follows is a parade of some of my more colorful moments in stitching. If you want to see more of both my sane and crazy quilting just look around my blog.









Thanks for visiting. 

10 comments:

Tatyana Ratcliffe said...

волшебно! Очень нравится стиль и мотивы!

Thearica said...

OH WOW! Your work is gorgeous! You must compete next year!

Arlene Delloro said...

your work is positively breathtaking!

Quayceetatter said...

Love the silk ribbon and bugs!!

Lazanna said...

Как красиво...ярко...радостно...весело и очень по летнему!!!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I'm so happy to see you linked up to the show Cathy - Now everyone gets a chance to see your gorgeous work! It is a real treat to see so much of it all in one place like this!

Susan Shufelt said...

Love some of your colorful blocks. And I love the bugs!

Cathy said...

You and your CQ are both amazing! I never tire of looking at your work! Hugs, Cat K

Susan said...

Wow love your work and it is me that must say thank you for sharing. You have now inspired me to get on with a lot of embroidery on my crazy quilt. Once again Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work!!!
Pat in Oregon