Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Everything's Coming Up Roses!

This is my work for Ruby on her roses themed block. This is a traditional RR where 5 participants take a turn stitching on each participant's block. At top I chain stiched a heart and then filled it with some silk ribbon spider web roses, fargo/farago roses and french knots. Below is a seam with bullion roses then I tried some wool roses and leaves on the red patch. Below that I tried a rickrack rose and filled in that patch with some raised leaves. And then there is the BIG rose made of 1.5 inch wired ribbon surrounded by a seam of bullion rosebuds/stem stitch. I hope that big rose doesn't cause too many problems for the other stitchers that follow me on this block. That's why I put it at the edge instead of in the middle where I first thought of placing it.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Cathy, this is stunning! I just got some ric rac to try the roses, and am anxious to see them done. Your roses are all so beautiful, the wire ribbon one looks so real, I can smell it! Really!

Wendy said...

Absolutely stunning! I love everything you did! And the big rose is just breathtaking!