Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Winter Scenes

This is my work on Wendy's "Winter Scenes" RR block. I framed the snow shoveler in lots of "snowflakes" and a few button snowballs. And there's some hairy yarn "snow" over by the bird button. The block sparkles quite a bit more than it shows. 

Hope I don't have to look at any real winter scenes for several months yet. I'm not a fan of winter except for looking at it out a window.

I'm on vacation this week in order to clean up the garden since I got behind when I had my bout with Guillaine Barre and couldn't use my hand and feet very well. Retired DH doesn't think it's his job to take care of my flower gardens or the strawberry/blackberry/asparagus patch so things are embarrassingly overgrown with weeds. I'm heading out in a few minutes to help DH cut up some downed trees that have fallen over part of one of my flower gardens. Also downing more trees on the acreage for firewood for next year. This year's is split.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Great work on this block! I love your snowflakes.....are those drizzle flowers?