Sunday, August 7, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Thearica over at Pigtales and Quilts is hosting a "How Does Your Garden Grow" sew along. I'm making tulips in 30s reproduction fabrics and here are four for this week. I'm working toward a queen sized quilt for me. Some sew alongers are making hexie flowers which I MAY make someday. I have enough other hand sewing/embroidery projects to last me a lifetime.

How does my garden really grow? Well, I'm off to can tomatoes, more dill pickles and pickled beets. Who has time to stop and smell the flowers? (Wish I was retired, darn it. But I won't say that too loud. I have to work about 6 more years but they are starting layoffs at work. )

4 comments:

Thearica said...

Lovely flowers Cathy! And 4 for the week!! Bravo!

I have been re-organizing my sewing room and it looks great but I have had no time to sew...actually cant find my sewing machine.. going to finish this morning and do my flower this afternoon.

Needled Mom said...

I just love your pieced flowers. That garden is really growing - much like the real one!!

When you are retired you will wonder how you ever found time to work.

krisgray said...

Love your tulips!

Pickled beets - yum! - haven't had any in years but my mom always canned them when I was a kid.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful flowers, love your fabrics! This will make a great queen size quilt. I'm like you on hexie's......not into hand sewing any more.