Saturday, August 6, 2011

English Garden DYB

Connie's English Garden DYB (Do Your Block) RR.

I wasn't sure if the lady was picking apples or peaches but since the block contained peachy colors I decided it was peaches. Connie didn't want any large motifs or I would have embroidered a botanical pic of a peach. Anyway, I extended the tree out into the block with a strand of gold metallic and brown dmc. Then I added some lazy daisy leaves and a few french knot peaches. I also extended what I think are forget-me-nots along the bottom - again in variegated DMC. Then there are a variety of roses since I think every English garden has to have lots of roses.

In case you are wondering...this round robin took place over on CQI (Crazy Quilt International) Yahoo Group.  In the DYB RRs everyone sends around six 6 inch blocks. Each participant picks one to stitch on and then sends them around to the next person. At the end of 5 months (more or less) you receive back all of your embellished blocks. One is left for the owner to stitch on. It's a lot of fun and a great way to practice new stitches, see lovely work of others close up and make friends.

I was the last to stitch on Connie's blocks and after I get to the P.O. today they will be on their way home to her.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love your interpretation Connie, this block is perfectly beautiful! I can't wait to get my blocks home, the last stitcher has them now. I've really enjoyed this DYB, and love what you've done. Can't wait to see them in person!