Friday, July 22, 2011

In the Good Ol' Summertime, In the Good Ol' Summertime

I participated in a summer time swap over on the I Spy Yahoo Group. I sent and received a lot of cute 6.5 inch squares of summer themed fabric. I added some of my own squares and 2.5 inch sides of other summer themed fabric around the blocks and made 56 10 inch blocks. Then I sewed them into a quilt top 7x8. What follows is the top and some of my favorite blocks. You will probably notice that most of my fav blocks include food! This is another quilt to put in the camper when we take the grandkids camping.


I Spy (Summer Theme)

At the beach

In the camper

At the circus

Take me on a cruise!

Yummmmm!

J-e-l-l-o!

Popsicles. Hmmm, reminds me I need to show DGKs how to make them.

Bad pic...but, I just love the sticks with marshmallows on the ends. And I had some s'more fabric to add to the sides! (Those things taste so rich to me now that when we were camping I had a DGD just roast me a chocolate marshmallow and stopped there.

Watermelon.

It will be a while before I get this quilted, I think. It's hot outside. It's hot inside. There's a heat wave here that just won't leave. Heat indexes in the last few days have been as high as 118. I have no air conditioning. We live out in the country and don't normally need it because normally there is a nice breeze. It will cost a sweaty arm and a leg to put duct work into this big old house just to have a/c for a few weeks a year. In the winter the house is heated by a wood stove and that's the reason why no duct work.  (Can you hear me whine?)


No comments: