Saturday, May 1, 2010

Have a Heart

This is part of my work on Juli L's Heart IV RR block. The block was in pink and red so I tried to bring the red down to this corner of the block.
And this was the pink I tried to add to the top of the block- a pink heart yoyo and bullion roses.
The beautiful lace was already on the block but I added some beads and french knots and the top seam treatment of fern stitch and beads. Again I tried to bring some of the red from other parts of the block down to the white corner. I also added a felt heart where many seams met.

And this is the total block after everyone did their work. Now it will be sent home to Juli. I hope she likes it.

And this is some of my work on Nicki's Heart block. I added all except for that beautiful butterfly seam treatment. Nicki had cross stitched a beautiful saying for the middle of the block and it looked like a deep purple which Candji also used when she added her heart so that's why I added the lavender colored hearts. She got a heart yoyo and spider web roses too, the heart in the corner and the lace I also added.


I also added this heart and butterflies. The color looks funky, I know.


And now the heart goes to Juli to finish up for Nicki.

No comments: