Thursday, June 30, 2016

June Marginalia


I'm still working on my daily circles and am caught up through June 26.  I started these on Nov 4 last year so I have about 8 months of circles. That means I'm 2/3 of the way through the year!! Slowly but surely I'll end up with a big journal quilt. 



A lot of my circles this month are about fruits, flowers and veggies.  I love gardening about as much as I love quilting. 



And speaking of LOVE...we just celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary and the spark is still there. Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music!! 

We still haven't had a honeymoon and we still do absolutely nothing special when our anniversary rolls around. We just got used to having no money when we were younger to spend on anything other than necessities and have just continued on living frugally. 


We lived in Naples, FL back then (39 years ago).  We had lived together for four years and had two kids together so we decided to tie the knot one day after work.  Our friend, Sandy, was a notary public. In Florida it was legal for her to marry us so she officiated. My soon-to-be-married brother and his fiancee were our witnesses. After a few verses were read that I had chosen from a  Kahlil Gibran book we were married. Sandy and her husband surprised us and made a cake and served some champagne.  It was just another day. Ahhhh, memories!!

(P.S.  I made most of our clothes back then.  See husband's shirt and my outfit - halter top and matching long loose pants in some slinky knit. These were NOT specially made wedding clothes but our everyday wear. ) 

The daily circle was Audrey's idea - Quilty 365. 






13 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow - congratulations on your anniversary! I was going to congratulate you on your "stick-to-it ness" when it comes to making those circles for so long but then I read about how many years you have been married. lol

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I loved the pictures, but I think you need to show us some updated ones! :) We celebrated 40 this year - always hard to believe so much time has passed.

gayle said...

Still monkeying around, I see... (Loving your photos sitting on top of that quilt!)

Lesley Gilbert said...

Happy Anniversary. I loved the enlarged photo - hopefully you can share some more (enlarged) :)

Cathy said...

That is so cool! Happy (belated) Anniversary!!

Maryse said...

Your circles look great; It's going to be a fantastic quilt!

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

LOVE these circles of yours and happy anniversary! :)

Sandi said...

Fun pieced backgrounds, love seeing what people are choosing with their circles.

Happy anniversary on Canada Day!

Bonnie said...

Congrats on your anniversary!! I love your circles.... especially with the half square triangles!

Kaja said...

A belated Happy Anniversary! Always nice to check out the circles: you are going to have lots of fun somewhere down the line, looking back and seeing what your year was like.

Angie said...

Another great batch of circles! I really like the the orange & green plaid you used for one of the backgrounds. Congrats on 39 years - I hope you have many more! Celebrate, indeed!

Marle said...

What a great idea with background! I love your circles!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Happy anniversary. You will have to do something for the big 4-0 and really celebrate your anniversary up big. Great circles - love the lips.