Sunday, April 3, 2016

In the Hoop: Butterfly Garden


Butterfly Garden is in the hoop. It is based on a Kathy Doughty (of Material Obsession) design called "Follow the Sun" found in her book "Adding Layers". 


Right now I'm using navy perle #8 to quilt around the "sun rays".  I'm not sure what I'm going to do after that. In the centers I'm contemplating using regular hand stitching thread to quilt around some of the butterfly shapes. And then there's the sashing...

Also, because there's butterflies involved here...linking up to Kaleidoscope of Butterflies. 

10 comments:

SandraC said...

Such beautiful work, and fabric choices!

Jennifer said...

Your fabrics are simply gorgeous.

gayle said...

I always drool all over my keyboard when you flash these fabrics...

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love all the bright fabric!

Monica said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous, Cathy! I'm sure it's a wonderful one to sit and stitch. Happy Sunday!

Quilter Kathy said...

So happy that this quilt came to the top of the hand quilting pile in spring time!
I like how you just start quilting a project and make up the design as you go along... that's my way too!

Kaja said...

This is looking good: I like how your fabric choices affect how much the sun shape stands out - and the ric-rac.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What vibrant fabrics and lovely stitching. This piece will be a joy for sure.

Ann said...

This always reminds me of a mature cottage garden with special treats hidden everywhere. The more you look, the more you see. So much fun. Thanks for sharing, Cathy.

audrey said...

So bright and colorful. The floral prints are just wonderful together!