I'm winding up the brown RSC color of the month with some brown Dresdens.
These use 4.5 inch scraps and are appliqued to 13 inch backgrounds.
Each month I usually make 4 but this month the color complement for brown is unclear to me since it is not on most color wheels. Some searches say something like cyan. Rather than worry about it I only made 3 Dresdens.
My rules for Dresdens this year:
1. gray background fabrics
2. polka dot centers
3. gray rick rack around centers
4. one block entirely in the color of the month
5. one block in the color of the month plus black/white fabric
6. one block in the color of the month plus white/black fabric
7. one block in color of the month plus the color complement