Sunday, June 21, 2015

Midnight in the Fairy Garden


I started Midnight in the Fairy Garden - a crazy quilt wall hanging with a lot of stitching with glow-in-the-dark threads - several years ago.   I've had a hankering to work on this once again this summer.  On these two blocks I outlined the fairy bodies with glow threads and then painted the body with glow paint. I just need to finish filling them in with some satin stitch.  I'm hoping to do that this afternoon (if I can find my glow threads) while enjoying cocktails on the deck with my husband who will hopefully be grilling spareribs.  But he had a root canal Friday and is not feeling all that well so we might just have homemade chicken soup for supper. 


Here's the rest of the blocks I have so far. All of them need a little work. On two of them (top and bottom right) I made the blocks and then stitched the fairies and the blocks were then stitched on by others in a round robin fashion.  I might redo some things on those blocks. 

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

What a magical project... and to think it will glow in the dark... so cool!
Hope hubby feels better in time for ribs!

gayle said...

I'm hoping you end up with ribs. Purely because that means your husband is feeling better, of course...
Love your fairies!

Sarah said...

Lovely fairy blocks, look forward to seeing how they develop! Hope Hubby is feeling better soon. xx

Karen in Breezy Point said...

My hubby had implants this week, so we are celebrating Father's Day with soft food too! Your blocks are so cool--love the fairies and the garden gnome--so cute!