Monday, October 20, 2014

Working on Two Very Different Samplers


I've joined the Choose Your Own Block Along in order to give myself a goal to add blocks to a couple of UFO Samplers. 
Last year I participated in a Red/White 12 inch block swap.  I'm going to add some 3, 6 and 9 inch blocks to the pile until I have enough for a full/queen sized quilt. 

This week I added a 9 inch Railroad block and a 9 inch Road to California block plus 3 - 3 inch pinwheels and 3 - 3 inch spools. 






The other sampler I want to finish up is a 30's reproduction fabric Sampler of 12 inch stars on a blue background.  Again, this will be a full/queen-sized quilt.  I received 12 blocks in a Birthday Club block swap.  I'd like to have 42 different star blocks in the quilt. 

This week's blocks are Pathway and Comet Star. 

Linking up to 



2 comments:

Andee said...

Very different, but both cute!

Vic in NH said...

I love your 2 different Depression star blocks! At the risk of sounding like a nitpicker, are the yellow/blue 4-patches in the corners supposed to be going the same way on the Pathway Star?