Monday, October 6, 2014

The Chosen


I'm participating in the Choose Your Own Blockalong at Live a Colorful Life. 

I want to add enough blocks to my 12 -30s reproduction birthday club blocks for a large bed quilt. 
My request of the birthday club was for 12 inch star blocks of choice in 30s reproduction fabrics on a blue background. 

So my first choice of block is a star block following those rules. 
The first star block is Annie's Choice the second one is Ann's New Years Eve Star. 



Red and white blocks in 3, 6, 9 and 12 inches is my second blockalong project. 

I have 12- 12 inch blocks from a red/white swap last year and I want to make enough blocks to finish a large bed quilt.   Hopefully each week I hope to make the equivalent of at least one 12 inch block.  For instance, this week I made one 9 inch Crossover block and 3- 3 inch 9 patches. 



9 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! That block is a bit of a stunner!!!

antique quilter said...

beautiful blocks!
Kathie

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a glorious bed quilt you are creating!!

barbara woods said...

i love that first block, when i have time i want to make a quilt of that block, someday?

abelian said...

That first block is Crossover, a design by Marcia Hohn.

http://www.quilterscache.com/C/CrossoverBlock.html

Carla said...

Beautiful blocks. That red and white one is wonderful!

Lisa J. said...

I love your cross over block. It's stunning in red and white.

sophie said...

The first star block is Annie's Choice. Yep, I know it because it was once a choice for the Block Lotto :-)

Live a Colorful Life said...

Love the red and white block--classic. Thanks for playing along!