Saturday, October 4, 2014

Tales from the Dark Side


Brown, black and gray are the "colors" of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 
I have lots of scraps of each of those "colors" so I'm not sure I'll get all those scraps used up this month. 

I started with brown from the 1.5 inch scrap bin and made some 3 inch spool blocks. 






And I made some 3 inch 9 patches for an upcoming swap.  I'm using the darker little 9 patches in one of my Jack's Chain quilts. 

Got brown, black, gray scraps? 
Use them up and then join us for ScrapHappy Saturday. 

12 comments:

Ellen said...

You have so many fantastic scraps and the beauty is that you put them to good use. So much better to use them up and make beautiful quilts than leave them sitting in bins!!

Kate said...

Love your scrappy spools! Happy stitching.

scraphappy said...

Glad you have put some of your scraps to work for you. Looks like you have a great start on the month already.

Julierose said...

Love those little spools! And your post title is great! I feel like I am in my dark side lately with my thumb giving me grief--no more rotary cutting for a bit! Hugs, Julierose

Mari said...

Wow are you fast! October just started and it looks like you're mostly done already. Unless there are a lot more scraps lurking? Great looking spools, and 9 patches are always so useful.

Quilter Kathy said...

Yummy spools! I haven't even started with this month's colour and look at all you have accomplished!

Sheila said...

Beautiful brown prints. Love all your blocks.

Nell's Quilts said...

What a great collection of brown fabric scraps. Lovely spools. I haven't got my orange ones done yet.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Awesome work for less than one week into the month!

Mystic Quilter said...

Wow, how on earth did you find the time to make all these lovely blocks?

Kathy S. said...

Love those spool blocks!

Sue said...

Wow!!! Love the fabrics you have used in both lots of blocks. Those spool blocks are cuter than cute!