Monday, October 27, 2014

Starry-eyed


I've made 4 more 12 inch birthday stars in 30s reproduction with a blue background. 

This quilt started with a birthday exchange of 12 blocks. 
I need a total of 42 blocks and with sashing I should have a full/queen sized quilt. 

The most fun is finding different stars to make each week.  I hope I don't have to resort to paper piecing to meet my goal of 42! 

Top row: Star Puzzle and Shooting Star 2
Bottom row: Love in a Mist and The Cog Block


And I had to fix one of last week's blocks.  
An astute blog reader asked if my top 4 patches were arranged correctly. 
No, they weren't. But they are now. 
Thanks, Vic!


4 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Isn't it amazing how you can make the same pattern using different fabric and get a totally different look. Yours look great!! (I'm currently busting through my 30's fabric too!)

Jeanne said...

Great star blocks! Glad you were able to reposition your star block with the four patch corners, too.

Dasha said...

I am always amazed at how many star blocks there are in this world. Yours are looking good.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I just love star blocks. And it is fun searching for new ones.