Thursday, October 23, 2014

My Heart Is Not In It


My goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes this month was to finish my XO UFO. 
 It's about time...I started it January 2013. 
My daughter has always wanted a quilt to throw on her couch with a theme for every month. 
This is for the month of February and it will be a Christmas gift. 
All 120-  6 inch blocks are made now. 
I hate not to complete a goal I've set for myself. 
I'm cutting it close. 
Will I finish it? 

This has been some boring, boring, boring sewing and my heart is not in it. 
But I do think my daughter will heart this quilt. 





6 comments:

Julierose said...

I think you will definitely finish! Try using it as a "leader-ender" while sewing something else...perhaps that will take away that sameness--it is a lovely quilt...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

The process may have been a struggle, but the finish will be worth it . . . especially since you already know she wants a quilt like this . . . I'm predicting you WILL finish it!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You can do it.... I have faith!! Plus now that I know about it I may hound you into finishing lol!

Renee said...

Hearts are my favorite shape, so I just LOVE this quilt. Though, I do know what a chore a project becomes when our heart is not in it. With the goal of completing it as a Christmas gift, I imagine you will make it! Best wishes!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Just think about how happy she will be and you will get thru it! This week I started watching all of the old episodes of Gilmore Girls on Netflix. It is amazing how it helps me focus on my sewing.

Vic in NH said...

You're almost there! You can do it! Think pink, LOL.