Sunday, October 26, 2014

Crazy Cravings Again

I finally finished up the embroidery stitches along all the connecting seams on my Crazy Cravings quilt. 

I took off the pink gingham border. I originally wanted to do some chicken scratch in the gingham but the squares were too tiny for me to even do chicken scratch you could see but also because the pink was too pink and also because I just plain didn't like it so it kept me from working on it. 

 Now that I've embellished all the connecting seams...
...and now that I've got it sandwiched with some pieced leftover batting and some pink and brown sale fabric that says chocolate all over it (forgot pic...will show next time)  I'm ready for quilting.   Not quite sure how I'm going to do that or even what thread or threads I will use but this is no longer a stalled project. 

Hopefully today I'll be joining others with some 

12 comments:

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

This makes me want a cupcake :) For breakfast! :) Lovely

The Cozy Quilter said...

I'm having a sugar rush!

Quilting Stories said...

This is so appealing and original!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I just love this one and am so glad that you removed the gingham so that it is not a stalled project anymore. I definitely need to start collecting some fabrics so I can try one of these.

Jeanne said...

This is delightful! You must have an amazing fabric collection!

Quilter Kathy said...

I was wondering what happened to the cravings project! Isn't it funny how when something isn't right on a quilt, we don't really want to work on it until it's fixed?!?!

Julierose said...

Such a fabulous quilt--I love it! glad you are finishing it up..hugs, Julierose

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Thanks for the close-ups....I loved looking at each and everyone! A crazy quilt is on my list!!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This is just so yummy! I absolutely love everything about it.

Cathi said...

I love this! It's a food group of its own! And calorie free. :-)

make.share.give said...

It's nice to get a new burst of steam on an older project. So cute!

CathieJ said...

So glad you figured out what was stalling your progress. The quilt definitely looks better without the gingham. I am looking forward to seeing more of this.