Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Bowl of Cherries or The Pits?

Earlier this year Mary of Molly Flanders Makerie hosted a Flowering Snowball QAL. 
Some people finished their quilt...I secretly sewed along but only completed 30 - 10 inch blocks. 

I wanted a BIG quilt. 
I wanted to use some more of my cherry fabrics since I didn't use them all in my Japanese x and + quilt. 

So, long story short...this weekend I got a hankering to work on my Flowering Snowballs and made 14 more blocks.  

I think it takes longer for me to cut pieces for the blocks than to actually make them. 

For some reason I'm hungry for some cherry pie. 

And there's not a Flowering Snowballs chance in heck that I'll have this completed any time soon.  If I make a quilt 80x90 that means I'm not quite at the halfway mark with blocks.  That's the pits! 


10 comments:

sophie said...

. . . but the way these blocks look? That's the cherries.

Quiltdivajulie said...

So aim your finish for cherry season 2015 (or 2016) ... A few blocks here, a few blocks there . . .

Dasha said...

You are going great guns on those. So definitely cherries.

Sally Trude said...

I love this quilt. It even calls me to make it...except for that square pit right in the middle of each block...then I think I will just live vicariously through you...so take your time!

Podunk Pretties said...

And I thought I was the only one obsessed with cherries! Love all those fabrics!

Julierose said...

You are so prolific a quilter--amazing! Love those blocks--14 in one day! Phew girl!! Hugs, Juierose

Ellen said...

Definitely cherries!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You seem to always get so much done. I wanted to make this quilt too, but haven't even started. I planned on using some fabric I found at my mom's house, hopefully when my kids go thru my things they will find a flowering snowball quilt and not some fabric folded on a shelf! LOL

audrey said...

This is so fun.:) Love the cherry theme and those bright pops of red and hot sizzling pinks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun!!! I just LOVE your fabrics!!!