Monday, December 16, 2013

Something New

Trying out some letters ala the book "Word Play Quilts" by Tonya Ricucci. I just bought the book and it was delivered on Friday so I had a few minutes this weekend to make up a few of the easiest letters I need for a phrase for my new quilt.  (Hmmmm, where did the i and the l disappear to? Did I cut them up and use them in another letter?)

I've never made letters before and so far they aren't as difficult to make as I first thought. I have 3 quilts in mind that will need words. 


I also need three ships for my quilt that will have the words.  I made them using a pattern from Block Lotto. 

That's all I have to share today of my quilt that will have words that is on my make-do Design Wall this dreary Monday. 

I'm going to go over to Patchwork Times to see what other's have on their Design Wall today. 

2 comments:

Brenda said...

great letters! I've made a lot of words in my day and it's fun to add them to my quilts. woo hoo for Tonya!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I LOVE this book! I made a quilt for my daughter (the writer) last year. Take a look at my blog
http://rabidquilter3.blogspot.com/2013/04/words-on-quilts.html
and then look at the next couple of newer blog entries. I'm hooked on making letters!