Sunday, December 1, 2013

It's Time Again for Some Slow Stitching on Sunday

I've finished the details on my applique butterflies. 

I finished up 13 of them and thought that meant I would be half way toward my goal of 48 blocks but I only have 22 completed blocks. 


I'm using 30s reproduction fabrics and hoping to make a quilt similar to the one my grandma made and I inherited.  I may not work on any more butterflies until next year. I need to finish up a few more Christmas gifts first. 

I also just completed a couple of curly crochet scarves for the granddaughters for Christmas using a pattern from MyMerryMessyLife.com ...

...and I was going to crochet a cloche I saw on About.com in matching yarn for the granddaughters but I think I will unravel it and try a different pattern. My gauge is right and I followed the directions for the correct head circumference but the hat just seems too loose fitting.  I'll set the hats aside for now...

...and go back to working on the embroidered pillowcases for my daughter.  That's one slow stitching project I didn't work on from last week.  Hopefully they will be finished by next week if I do some more work on them tonight and throughout the week each night after work. 

Doing any slow stitching today? If so join in the fun at Kathy's Quilt's Slow Stitching Sunday linky party. And if you aren't doing any slow stitching today you can just go admire all the work that others are doing today. 



5 comments:

Arlene Delloro said...

I love 30's repro fabrics and did that same butterfly for a round robin once upon a time. Great work.

Deb A said...

I love those butterfly's! They are joining my 'must do' list. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your butterflies are so pretty! They will enjoy a brief rest over the holidays and take flight again in the new year!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Julierose said...

I have to say that I just love those butterflies--they are such a graceful shape and the buttonhole stitching really sets them off--this will be a wonderful memory quilt for you...hugs, Julierose

Ivani said...

Pretty Butterflies. Love your stitching and the curly chrochet scarfs are charming. Have a great week.