Friday, May 3, 2013

What Do 896 HSTs Look Like?



I've finally finished my Depression Blocks Quilt Top. 56-  12 inch blocks consisting of a total of 896 HSTs arranged 7x8 to equal a quilt top 84x96.  It's too wet and cold to hang it on the clothesline to show off the monstrosity in totality. I'm glad to have this finally assembled. It's been a UFO far too long. 

And I guess a finished flimsy qualifies for Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts. 

And, since I hope to get this quilted, bound and completely finished  by month end I'm setting this as my May goal for a Lovely Year of Finishes.  (See button on sidebar for more information on how to join in the fun). 

8 comments:

hydeeannsews said...

wow. what happy insanity! 896?!!!

Carolyn said...

Wow, that is a ton of HST's! Looks great. Can't wait to see it all done.

Marelize Ries said...

Gorgeous!!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Wow... I love this! One of my favorite blocks and I see so many fun fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful project! Yummy colours!
Esther

Stitch and Yarn said...

Holy dooley! That's a LOT of work. Good luck with the finish.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

They look beautiful - and like you made a nice dent in your scraps!

Jane P said...

Hi! I stumbled upon this and I'm working on a HST quilt - I have the squares cut and I'd love to do this sort of pattern. It seems that when I piece the HSTs, I should just combine the darks and lights to get a half dark, half light square - but I can't find further details on this kind of pattern. Do you have any resources or suggestions for tips?