Saturday, May 11, 2013

Singing the Blues


This month's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge  is sapphire blue (not aqua/teal/turquoise, not pastel/light). I had set aside a bunch of 2.5 inch strips left over from other projects to use in a QOV quilt. Lots of the strips are blue so I stitched up some 6 inch Twinkler blocks

Next I added some 3 inch spools to my collection. I just participated in a 1.5 inch strip swap and pulled the blues to work with from the lovely pile of fabrics. 


I also just participated in a 3 inch 9 patch swap so pulled the ones with blue in them to make into my 5 inch Sister's Choice blocks.   All of the blocks, no matter what color the 9 patch, have scrappy blue points. I now have 132- 5 inch blocks and figure I need 288 for a good sized quilt.  So, I guess I'm not even half way there ;-( 

Hop on over to SoScrappy's blog for ScrapHappySaturday to see who else is singing the blues and why! And, why not dig out some blues and participate too!  

12 comments:

Karen said...

Awesome blocks for QOV. All your blocks are great. Keep up the work.

Julie in GA said...

Wow, you have made a ton of blocks! I love them all, especially those Twinkler stars.

Julierose said...

Beautiful blue blocks--do you plan to make a full quilt from each, or mix them? Sounds like fun...Julierose

Kat Scribner said...

WOW. What an over-achiever! LOL Great collection of blocks.

Sarah said...

My goodness you have been busy! Your blocks are awesome!

Edith said...

Oh my goodness, you certainly got a lot of blocks done, I particularly like the Twinkler blocks.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Oh my... I love ALL of your blocks. Your Twinklers are a perfect block for QOV and you have such pretty fabrics to work with!

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - that Sister's Choice will be gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing that one :*) Your other blue blocks are really cool too - great blues!!!

Sheila said...

Wow! You have made a bunch of great blue blocks! You go girl!

Angie said...

Another WOW! A great collection of blocks; love the Twinkler - have not seen that before!

Deb A said...

So many pretty blue blocks! Your twinkle stars remind me of the ones I made for my son's quilt. 5 inch sisters choice blocks... so tiny but so adorable. They will all make some great quilts.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love those spools...maybe I'll have to start one of those!