Saturday, May 4, 2013

Are You Special?



Way down deep in the ocean depths dwells the Sapphire Crumb Fish that only special people can see. What do you see?


Fish inspired by a Flickr photo. A link to the photo was posted at the Sunshine Online Quilt Guild Yahoo Group in response to ideas for using floral fabrics to make "kid-friendly" quilts.  I decided it would look cute in crumbs too.  I've challenged myself to use my scraps this year for donation quilts. I'm anxious to see how many I get made and donated.

And, talk about challenges...the color of the month is Sapphire Blue  for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013.      (Pastel blue and teal/aqua/turquoise will be later). Do check out what everyone is doing with scraps now that they are feeling a little blue at the RSC 2013 linky party at SoScrappy. 






7 comments:

Julierose said...

Cathy--I just love your blue fish--(Dr. Seuss-ian: "One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE fish!" And how many times did I read this to my kids??? LOL)Very tropical looking--an underwater ballet...hugs Julierose

Deb A said...

Love your fish with all the neat I spy things for a child to find. I think you will get enough 'fish' for an underworld sea quilt this month. Great job.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Oh this is so adorable! Love it and what a great way to use those small scraps.

scraphappy said...

What a cute idea. I've been making blue crumb blocks all day too. Such a nice way to make donation quilts.

Julie in GA said...

Love those fish--just adorable!

Angie said...

What a great block and scrap-buster! Very cute!

Sheila said...

What a wonderful idea! The blue fish quilt and your scrap quilt challenge.