Saturday, March 2, 2013

Black, White and One Other Color

My goal for March for A Lovely Year of Finishes  is to get the UFO hanging out in the snow finished. The top consists of 12 inch blocks swapped last year (or was it the year before?). Everyone had to swap a block of choice that used black, white and one other color of choice.  They didn't look like they went together at all when I received them back but after I added the sashing I actually love it.  In order to have enough for the size quilt I wanted I made 8 of the blocks - 12 were swapped.   I really like sampler quilts.

To learn more about A Lovely Year of Finishes click on button on my sidebar. Participation really does help accomplish goals.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Looks good so far can't wait to see it finished.

Unknown said...

Black, White and one color!!! What a great idea. This quilt made me smile!

Terri said...

Nice quilr! Somehow it seems like more than one other color per block - must be the close proximity of other blocks. Nice choice of blocks, too.
Hugs

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

The sashing is wonderful and pulled those blocks together. So pretty to look at!