Thursday, October 11, 2012

Crazy Basket Case Update - October CQJP 2012

 I've finished my block for October for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2012.  
Normally my blocks are 12 inch squares; however, the vintage transfer I used for the basket this month which probably was intended for a pillowcase ended up larger than 12 inches so I made a double block this month. 

 I'm making a lap quilt I'm calling Crazy Basket Case.  So, the quilt is full of baskets, washable embellishments and mostly done in reds and whites.



A lot of the stitching doesn't show up very well but I've tried to make each seam different throughout the blocks instead of relying on my old standbys that I am comfortable with. I don't like how the button on the crocheted flower sits on top so will look for a smaller red button that just fits into the hole in the center.


And, I will be adding my block to this pinned together Crazy Basket Case quilt.  I've already figured out how I'm going to back, quilt and bind this and how fun it will be to sit under on a cold winter day in this house heated only by wood.

I already have an idea for what I'll be working on for my lap quilt next year for CQJP. Well, actually I have several ideas...I just need to pick one.

1 comment:

Arlene White said...

Looking good Cathy, i too have starting thinking of what I might do for next year if Kathy does it again.

Arlene