Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Midnight Fantasy Garden (A WIP)


This is block 5 of my midnight fantasy Garden. There's not much completed on it yet except Mr. Gnome and a butterfly. I'm going to add a lot of bugs to this block. At top is a beetle and the dragonfly is made of glow in the dark thread.  You can see a little bit of a glow in the dark praying mantis down in the right hand corner. I want to do some stumpwork mushrooms and butterflies to add to this block as well as some more glow in the dark things.



This is block 4 of Midnight Fantasy Garden. I previously posted a little bit about this block but have added some items since - mostly a lot of pansies and a little mouse.

I blogged about block 1 which is complete and blocks 2 and 3 are out in RRs. Not sure how many blocks I'm going to have all together but this is going to be a glow in the dark midnight fantasy garden  large wallhanging to hang in the spare bedroom where the 7 yo granddaughters sleep when they visit every other weekend.

I'm linking up at Sharon Boggon's Pintangle WIP Wednesday.  (That reminds me...I really, really need to catch up on my TAST).


3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Great work. your granddaughters should love it when it is completed.

Unknown said...

I love this!!! The idea of a glow-in-the-dark quilt is brilliant! I wish I could come and see it. I bought some gitd thread years ago but never did anything with it. Perhaps I will have a look for it.
Your July basket is very cute.

Annet said...

These blocks are great, I'm sure your granddaughters love this too. Love the gnome and the fairy!