Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bound for Turkey

Bound: I finished sewing on the binding on 3 baby quilts last night. They are made of scraps - novelty fabric fronts, batting scraps from other quilt projects, flannel scraps pieced together for the back. Nothing fancy but they should keep a few babies warm.

Bound: I mailed them this morning. They are now bound for Turkey- victims of the earthquake sleeping in tents in wintery conditions. I hope they have a safe and speedy trip and warm some children's hearts and hands.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your all efforts, appreciated.....

Pat B said...

I saw your link posted on facebook by my Turkish friend. I am an American that lived in Turkey for 2 years. Turds are the most generous people I have ever met. Thank you for your kindness, it will be appreciated.

Pat B said...

Actually that would be Turks. So much for trying to make a serious nice comment!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful gesture! You are a lovely, generous soul! -- Patty & Bhu

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

You rock Cathy! These quilts will be a blessing when they are received!