Friday, August 12, 2011

WIPs

I'm good at starting new things but not so good about getting them completed. Maybe I shouldn't tackle such large projects but I'm not really one that needs instant gratification. Anyway here's a few quilts that are works in process...

Floribunda - a pattern from Quiltville but I switched the yellow and flower fabric placement in my version.

I've decided on prairie points for a border on my "For the Birds" snowball and nine patch quilt. Prairie points are new to me so I'm proceeding cautiously. I also have a "For the Birds" crazy quilt version but if I don't stop joining RRs I'll never get around to finishing some of my crazy bird blocks.

I won some 8 inch bow tie blocks in a lottery plus I've been adding some of my own. This is just a few of them - black with brights. I've made a bunch with mushroom fabrics since my DD and her DH are avid mushroom hunters. I think this will be a quilt for them for Christmas. DD asked for something to throw over the couch which is getting raggedy looking. They have decided a new couch is not a necessity since the kids are still little and their funds are tight.

And I'm still turning some 3 inch 9 patches from a swap into Sister's Choice blocks with blue star points.

Oh...there's many more. These are just the most recently worked on. GKs are here this weekend so I probably won't get much done in the sewing world. And, I need to make tomato sauce with all the tomatoes recently harvested...

I'd end by saying "if only I was retired"... but I'm grateful I still have a job. My favorite local scrapbook shop has closed it's doors, my fav walk-in bookstore, Borders, is having a going out of business sale and the local friendly Toyota dealer we've bought all our cars from has been sold to some big conglomerate. And I've noticed the shelves and racks at my local thrift stores are looking rather bare.

2 comments:

Arlene Delloro said...

Just when I feel I've got a handle on my WIP's, something new comes along that I just have to start. So many projects, so little time....

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I love your bow ties with black! What a neat idea, congrats on winning some of them!