Monday, January 24, 2011

The Sane Birds

Previously I showed different bird themed crazy quilt blocks I made - six of them to be used in a crazy quilt RR- in this post and in this post. I will embellish the remaining blocks, make more and embellish them and make them into a bed runner to go over a sane bird quilt.  I started on that quilt this weekend. I decided to use the snowball/nine patch combo for blocks and have made 27 out of the approximate 144 blocks I need. (Actually, I think I need more than that but I wil use 144 as a goal to work toward). Some peacock fabric actually sparked my idea and off I went from there.

I don't know what it is but I actually hate lime green and I'm not fond of purple, but there it is - the most used fabrics in the blocks I made. I'm breaking out of my safe mode (in bird talk have I "flown the coop"?) of blues, browns and neutrals. Above are some of the nine patch blocks and below are some of the snowball blocks.



And, here's how they will look together. And, now imagine the cq bedrunner at the bottom of the bed over all this. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

This is going to be so lovely. Where did you find the peacock fabric? I would love to have some.