Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Birds

I remember watching Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" movie when I was younger. I thought it was so scary and kept my eyes on telephone wires full of birds for quite some time afterwards. After my kids got older I couldn't wait for them to see the scary movie "The Birds". So we popped up some popcorn (the old fashioned way...shaking it in a pot over the fire on the stove), all got cozy under afghans and quilts on the couch, turned out the lights and laughed our heads off at "The Birds". How the special effects had changed in a generation...so much so that what I once thought was so frightening was more like a comedy.

Anyway...I digress. I hope my birds aren't laughable or scary. I've made my blocks for another RR over on CQI Yahoo Group, "For The Birds".

I'll probably combine them with some garden blocks, more bird blocks and who knows what all else to make a lap sized crazy quilt...or not.


1 comment:

Laurie said...

I too remember being traumatized by The Birds, and now it's nothing. Things sure have changed! I love your bird blocks, wish I could have participated in this rr. Will be fun seeing how they turn out, the ladies all do such beautiful work.