Saturday, September 18, 2010

ABC

Two of the gds started kindergarten this year. I meant to have their ABC quilts made to give to them on the first day of school. I've had some blocks made since last year but I had a hard time finding 4 novelty fabrics for each letter. For a couple of letters I printed my own pictures. I purchased panels with the ABC blocks, cut them apart, collected novelty fabrics and finally, they are complete. All I have left to do is add labels with some good quotes about education like THINK, KEEP AN OPEN MIND, QUESTION EVERYTHING and DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ. I'm actually scared they are starting school and wish I could homeschool them.
And, with that said...I don't even know my ABCs. It wasn't until I had them both hanging on the line for a picture that I noticed that Starfish doesn't start with T and Turkey doesn't start with S. I hope they question me about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, I wish I had known you were looking for certain letters. I am in an I Spy group that swaps out the whole alphabet in 6 in. Sq's twice a year. If you need something special just ask...I probably have it. Lol. Terri N.