Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Encrusted block for Ritva at CQI. I was responsible for doing an entire 6 inch block.
Wendy's celtic block. This is an RR where we all take turns embellishing the block. I did some celtic birds and dragon, beaded seam and the seam below the birds.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
This is my work on Meg's block from the Bees, Butterflies and Beetles RR. Her fabric here had so many beautiful butterflies on it that I couldn't cover any of them up so I found a blank space and added a silk ribbon and here and there a few french knot bees. For the seam treatment I used some silk embroidery thread and beeds to make a few butterflies.
Moving on around the block I added some tatted butterflies with beaded bodies. And after I added the purple ones to the purple patch they didn't appear to stand out too much so I did a pink running stitch through their wings. I didn't tack their wings and feelers down. On another part of the block I did raised leaf stitch and added a stumpwork lady beetle. The Japanese beetle amongst the fern stitch kind of blends into the background.
This is Meg's block after Arlene and me.
Friday, March 12, 2010
I decided to take part in an international siggy swap hosted by Annelies of the Netherlands. Annelies block is the one on the left with the "see, hear, speak no evils". I have sent her my signature block (on the right) with embroidered roses. I love roses, especially the old fashioned varieties. As soon as Annelies receives my block she will send me the list of over 800 international siggy swappers and I will get started swapping. This should be fun!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
I have finished my blue block sampler. It consists of 30-9 inch blocks from from a block swap. Since I like to finish my quilts from start to finish I did meander quilting on my sewing machine. I don't have a longarm quilter.